How do plants defend themselves?
How do leaves transduce light into chemical energy?
How do plants respond to environmental cues?
- Gravity sensing: How does a plant convert an acceleration force into cellular information?
- Auxin Transport: How is the distribution of this hormone targeted to individual cells?
- Gravity signaling: What is the chain of events that leads to gravitropic curvature?
- Phototropism: How does a light gradient cause differential growth?
- Photomorphogenesis: What is light-induced development, and how is it regulated?
- Touch Sensing: How does a plant detect an object and grow around it?
How do plants regulate germination?
How do plants grow?
- Principles of Growth: How do plants create a complex body plan?
- Meristems: How do these specialized regions of cell division make a plant?
- Cell fate determination: Do cells inherit their identity, or is it the product of position?
- Cell walls: What role do cell walls play in growth and development?
- Cell expansion: What controls the timing and direction of cell expansion?
- Water potential: How does water provide the driving force for cell growth?
- Organ formation: How does a jumble of cells become organized for a specific function?