How do plants grow?
- Principles of Growth: How do plants create a complex body plan?
- Meristems: How do these specialized regions of cell division make a plant?
- Cell fate determination: Do cells inherit their identity, or is it the product of position?
- Cell walls: What role do cell walls play in growth and development?
- Cell expansion: What controls the timing and direction of cell expansion?
- Water potential: How does water provide the driving force for cell growth?
- Organ formation: How does a jumble of cells become organized for a specific function?