How do leaves transduce light into chemical energy?
- A Brief Overview of Light: What is light, and how does it interact with matter?
- Overview of Photosynthesis: What does photosynthesis accomplish?
- Photosynthesis — Light Reactions: How does the plant use light to make short-term chemical energy?
- Photosynthesis — Carbon Reactions: How is the short-term energy converted into long-term storage forms of energy?
- A Map of the Calvin Cycle: What is a metabolic cycle, and how does it work?
- Photorespiration: What happens when the carbon dioxide gets low?
- Overcoming Photorespiration: How have some plants adapted to hot, dry conditions?
- Sucrose and Starch Biosynthesis: How are simple sugars transported around the plant or stored?
- Guard Cell Regulation: How does the plant control gas exchange?